Base Vanished

For all your admin needs....

Moderator: Server Staff

Casey260

Base Vanished

Postby Casey260 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Posted at request of admin.
28/1/16

This afternoon I logged on to find that there was literally nothing of our base, Everything had vanished. Fenrirxo was the main owner of the flag, he said that he had paid it a day early.
So it shouldn't have disappeared. We had a Taru and a Huron, They were both not on any player placed items they were on the grass at least 10-20m away from the base.
The base territory was named 'Terry's Dungeon' (Dont question it I didnt come up with it) I had placed the majority of the walls and floors if that matters in anyway.

If you want the location of the base ask me in game. I also have screenshots of our base when it was in early stages of being built if you want proof of the bases existence.
Im pretty sure some admins can also remember being there on several occasions.

Our group members:
- Fenrirxo
- Juppy
- Casey260
- Pancake / Spillidge
- xXo BRAVO oXx
- J SIMP

If there is any info you need that I have left out let me know so I can add it.
Thanks @Staff team. I hope you are able to uncover the mystery of our lost base. :)
BornLucky
Founder

Re: Base Vanished

Postby BornLucky » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:33 pm

Was this base close to a Military Zone / Building (within 500m)?

When was the maintenance last paid?

When was it established (I do not see in the in the DB backup I am using on the test server - dated 18/01/2016)?

Now there are two things that can completely remove a base.

1) Not paying maintenance before it is due. A clean up script then kicks off and checks the last paid date, if 7 days have passed then all items and territory is removed.

2) Base was removed by an Admin, this is logged in the admin logs and should be reported on by the team. I did a quick scan over the logs and didn't immediately see anything but that doesn't mean its not there.

*Note: A base will only be removed by an Admin for 2 reasons 1) a player asked to relocate and needs help pulling it apart... or 2) a player has built a base within 500m of a military loot zone as defined in our server rules*

As for its existence I haven't personally seen it but that doesn't mean much I don't really play the game much.

@ Staff,

Do any of you know anything about this base and its existence and apparently disappearance?
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 pm

Been there a couple of times to assist. It was well outside the 500m rule. No requests for moving it either.

This is a tough one, Wilson.
[Reavers]Diablous

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:02 am

I've always had good dealings with these players. Perhaps just a quick comp and benefit of the doubt, this being first time occurring.
"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:17 am

[Reavers]Diablous wrote:I've always had good dealings with these players. Perhaps just a quick comp and benefit of the doubt, this being first time occurring.

I tend to agree.

Approved, the base will be Comped as a benefit of the doubt, first time claim.

Additionally this needs to be monitored to see if we have a potential bug?

@Staff,

Please confirm here whenever this has been comp'ed so we don't double up.
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:23 am

Suggest people start taking screenshots of their payment in windowed mode with the date showing to prevent any further issues.
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:26 am

[Reavers]Suicide wrote:Suggest people start taking screenshots of their payment in windowed mode with the date showing to prevent any further issues.

An amendment will be added to the rules to account for base losses.
Casey260

Postby Casey260 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:45 am

It was well away from any building.

The maintenance was paid on Wednesday, I think that would be the 27th

When was it established (I do not see in the in the DB backup I am using on the test server - dated 18/01/2016)?
The base was established a while ago, Maybe a week or two.

This is our second base after being forced to move due to being constantly harassed by at least 3 large groups.
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:02 am

It was well away from any building.
All good

The maintenance was paid on Wednesday, I think that would be the 27th
There may have been a bug or a desync issue ... not sure really ... but for future payment just make sure a screenshot is captured showing the updated due date after it is paid, saves going through this :)

The base was established a while ago, Maybe a week or two.
As stated without loading the other backups (takes a stupidly long time to reload one)... i have18th and it didnt exist so its safe to say it existed between 19th - 28th some time.

This is our second base after being forced to move due to being constantly harassed by at least 3 large groups.
Yep this happens.... People = Mean
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:08 am

Have you been compped yet Casey? If not ping me on TeamSpeak

Return to “Help Desk”