Parking in or on bases

For all your admin needs....

Moderator: Server Staff

DigitalCruiser

Parking in or on bases

Postby DigitalCruiser » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:57 am

Anyone have any suggestions as to why and how to stop vehicles spawning in the middle of the floor piece when it's not parked on the seams and was facing 0 degrees?

This quad bike luckily did not blow up in my face when I spawned into my base and gave me enough time to screenshot it and unflip it out of it's bugged position.

I lost two Taru's simultaneously and one quad bike straight after server restart when I woke up at my base.
There was also an issue when I closed my base doors and it blew up my off road after parking 1 full floor panel away. The admin on duty said it was most likely due to desync.

I have asked to be compensated but have been denied for the four vehicles in question.
[Reavers]Suicide

Re: Parking in or on bases

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:17 am

I have asked to be compensated but have been denied for the four vehicles in question.

First of all, no one denied you compensation, at least what I can tell from the logs anyway.

This is a well known bug. Happens to all of us. There are several ways to mitigate the issue.

First: If possible, try and park on terrafirma. Arma sucks at spawning objects. The more objects the server has to spawn, the more likely this will happen.

Second: Try removing the floor in question and replacing it. It will refresh it's state with the server and may stop it from happening.

Third: Don't park things on floors that are stupidly high off the ground. Some players never have an issue with this, they're the lucky ones.

When you notice your vehicle is inside of a floor, take a screenshot. Let an admin know asap. We have tools available to save the vehicle before it explodes. Never enter a vehicle that is inside a floor/wall/upside down, etc.
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:18 am

Also, make sure ALL of your vehicles have enough room to spin 360 degrees. That truck in the above picture could wipe out everything on that floor...
rooknz

Postby rooknz » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi I wished I had read this before I tried to park my lfrit and civilian in my base. lost both of them after reset

just got back from holiday today. been away since the 5th

Before
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 951EF1163/

After
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 7F452B3C7/
DigitalCruiser

Postby DigitalCruiser » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:34 am

[Reavers]Suicide wrote:Second: Try removing the floor in question and replacing it. It will refresh it's state with the server and may stop it from happening.

I'll check if it did it again. Generally it only happens once and never happens again ever. That's my experience.
If it's glitched in the floor panel or has blown up since I took the screenshot, I will try to move and place the piece back in the same position.

[Reavers]Suicide wrote:Third: Don't park things on floors that are stupidly high off the ground. Some players never have an issue with this, they're the lucky ones.

I can't remember if it was you or some other admin but I was told to park my helicopter at least 1.5 walls above the vehicle. I assumed that's 1.5 wall heights from the top of the vehicle and built 2 wall heights from the top of the tallest vehicle just in case.

[Reavers]Suicide wrote:When you notice your vehicle is inside of a floor, take a screenshot. Let an admin know asap. We have tools available to save the vehicle before it explodes. Never enter a vehicle that is inside a floor/wall/upside down, etc.

If you check the logs on or around Friday 6:10pm AEST (not ADST), you will see that I asked an admin to try and save the two Tarus glitched into the floors. But it clew up within a minute and I said "Forget about it. It already blew up". There was no way to save the Tarus.
I did this post after asking Born and he said to post it on the forums as he has little to no experience with base building problems.
DigitalCruiser

Postby DigitalCruiser » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:11 am

Well.. GG

2x Brand new Tarus
1x HEMETT
2x Box Trucks
2x Off Roads
2x Quad bikes

In one big swoop, all disappeared. Fuster said they all blew up, at least he compensated them with 50,000 pop tabs.
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:36 am

After 3 days of inactivity a vehicle is removed from the server....

Could explain most of those... maybe except for the things you said were last used Sunday (2x Tarus and 1x Quad)

// Remove all vehicles that were not moved/used for X days
vehicleLifeTime = 3;

Return to “Help Desk”