Sandy- Moderator Application- Arma 3: Exile [ON HOLD]

The best place to kick back and have a cold one while talking about random stuff!

Moderator: Server Staff

Sandy

Sandy- Moderator Application- Arma 3: Exile [ON HOLD]

Postby Sandy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 pm

-------
First Name: Sandy
-------
-------
Hours on Arma 3/ Exile: 350
-------
Time Spent on Server: 350 hours, starting from late December to the present day.
-------
Reason for Applying: Being American, I naturally get on when everyone else if offline. I can cover a more diverse shift than the other admins and mods with morning hours, dependent on whether I have work or not.
-------
Availability: I am willing to work in the absence of other Moderators and Admins, and in special circumstances where additional help is needed.
-------
Admin/ Moderator Experience: I've held administrative roles in a collection of Dayz clans and servers, including 6 Arma 2 servers. I'm very familiar with infistar.
-------
Extra: I am insanely stubborn and trustworthy in an Admin/Moderator role. I refuse to use the tools for personal gain, will never give special treatment to anyone, and would rather leave the server wholesale before breaking any of these morals. I have zero tolerance for admin abuse, and am familiar with it's many forms. When it comes to most in game events, I will refuse involvement, because of clan affiliations. IE: If an event is about defending a large truck of gear, I want no knowledge of what's in the truck, where the defenders are set up, nothing. I want to do the event as a normal player.

-------

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198111300811/
[Reavers]Diablous

Re: Sandy- Moderator Application- Arma 3: Exile

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:20 am

And GhotsPhantoms current vote is *drum roll*... ZERO! That's a big nothing ladies and gentlemen! ;p
"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 am

He doesnt have to get along with the staff... just needs to respect chain of command and adher to the rules.... and use common sense.

But like being a negative influence or causing issues ... now that would be a problem. Not saying sandy is doing that just yeah...

Ghost can you provide more insight into your negative vote.
TheSpenceeee

Postby TheSpenceeee » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 am

I'm not going to say yay or nay, but just offer some insight.

Sandy is an alright guy, but I have had a few issues.

For instance, I disagree with the practice of using UAV's from safe zone. Now if I see someone doing it, I kinda point out its sort of annoying and that whilst there isn't a rule stating 'no using drones from safezone', the rules do say that you should be at a safe zone for buying/selling only then you should leave. (no loitering)

I was at a mission until I watched a drone come over from the direction of safe zone (I didn't actually see where it originated) so I went to the safe zone. Sure enough, Jubear was in the safe zone operating a drone. I didn't abuse him. Or swear. Or anything harsh. I just said it is frustrating for those doing missions when it happens, and pointed out the no loitering rule.

Sandy seemingly interpreted this as an attack on him, and told me in side chat ' I'm going to kill you ' and added thats all he was saying because it wouldn't let him swear in side. He remedied this by walking over to me in the trader, and abusing me over voice in direct instead (which I have recorded, btw). I can see where he is coming from, in that there is not a rule about using drones in safe zone, but I don't think that is the way a potential mod/admin should respond in that situation.

Despite this, I don't see Sandy as the type of person to admin abuse, and see him as the sort of person who would stick to all of the official, clearly labelled rules. Hence, I'm not going to give a vote either way.
[AI] STALKER

Postby [AI] STALKER » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Stalkers 2cents.

I would assume in the absence of having seen/heard the recording his implication was " i will kill you " in game.
However i can see how TheSpenceee may honestly "infer" he meant otherwise , but with several hundred hours playing with the guy i would find it difficult to believe he meant an actual threat on your life.

In the same vain that I have told Belth that i am going to blow up his home (read - base) or i am going to kill his ride ( taru / not actually blow up his method of transport in the real world ).

__ Sorry dead tired , early start .. happy to +1 Sandy but a 4 week trial would be ideal in my view.
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:21 pm

I fully understand people get frustrated and let loose some times.... However this doesn't necessarily mean he is unfit for the role.. just needs guidelines and training :)

The application is still in the review phase
BornLucky
Founder

Re: Sandy- Moderator Application- Arma 3: Exile [ON HOLD]

Postby BornLucky » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:24 am

Application has currently been placed on hold... whilst Sandy does seem like someone who will follow the law to the letter... he has stated that he doesn't act like a mod because he isn't one yet.

I have seen several occasions where Sandy has acted in a manner unbecoming of a staff member. While this is not a denial of the application as I believe Sandy has great potential and could make a valuable asset to the team, I believe Sandy firstly needs to review his manner and correct the minor flaws before this application is reviewed again.

Tips for Sandy:
- Understand the rules
- Understand all aspects of the Exile mod
- Continue to help others and be a positive influence on the community (for the most part... not saying don't enjoy PVP)
- Think before acting

Return to “The Pink Dwarf [The PUB]”