What beer are you drinking???

The best place to kick back and have a cold one while talking about random stuff!

Moderator: Server Staff

Bitec

What beer are you drinking???

Postby Bitec » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:26 am

So Fuster and I are picking on Loki and the conversation gets round to beer. Fuster guides me to his pic in the shout box of a fine honey mead that Suicide put him on to.

This gets me all excited about beer again. I brew, I drink it and I teach other folks to brew.

So my question to you all is "What are you drinking when you play Exile?"

I'll kick it off.

It's fairly hot here in Tassie atm, with bushfires surrounding my town (Devonport) its time for a lager style beer with plenty of flavour and not to fizzy so that you can't punch down a couple every 10 minutes. Referring to the image below I'm necking Tiger Beer whilst looking at a picture of Fuster's honey mead.

Tiger is a fresh, crisp Singaporean beer with light fruity notes likely from Saaz Hops, it doesn't have a chemical aftertaste like mainstream Australian beers.

When playing ARAM 3 I have a 6y ready to rock.

[Reavers]Suicide

Re: What beer are you drinking???

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Liam / Wombat

Postby Liam / Wombat » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:09 am

FusterCluck

Postby FusterCluck » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:24 am

I rate Tiger beer, I remember smashing a few six packs of them when I was at Phillip Island a few years ago, definitely tasty

Currently have my very first batch of homebrew (just a plain, semi dri semi sweet apple cider) cooking away, fermentation has just started and I'm keen as to bottle it/drink it (all 22 litres of it :D). After this I'll make some beer, and then a passionfruit cider. My local homebrew store had some of this passionfruit cider on tap and he gave me a couple of glasses of the stuff, nectar of the gods.

My go too beer when there is nothing that tickles my fancy at the bottleo is 150 lashes, crisp and fresh tasting, can't do too much of it in one hit though, a bit too fruity

BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:21 am

Gift from a friend... Not too bad I do prefer the go to 150 Lashes as well .... But these meeds ... Look interesting

*I was going to post one of my favourite Mountain Dews - Code Red :P but alas... I shall keep tradition!*
FusterCluck

Postby FusterCluck » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 am

Saw this at the bottleo, felt like something refreshing (got 2 of these +1 lime flavored bee mead for 14 bucks, winning!), its a bit meh, but its 8%, so ill take it

BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:57 am

[Reavers]Diablous

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:53 pm

"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
FusterCluck

Postby FusterCluck » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:37 am

Checked the gravity reading of the brew today, fermentation has definitely kicked off, and there were plenty of bubbles in the sample, did smell a bit sour though. Temperature is around 24 degrees which I'm hoping isn't too hot :/

Got a few of these today, not too bad for four bucks a pop, I reckon my brew will turn out pretty close to this stuff (if all goes to plan..)

BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:12 am

Some one (I forget who) recommended I go from Fat Yak to Lazy Yak.... have to say I prefer a Lazy to a Fat yak :D

Return to “The Pink Dwarf [The PUB]”