Saying Hi

All this related to our ARMA 3 - Exile Mod servers

Moderator: Server Staff

TPM

Saying Hi

Postby TPM » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Hey guys,

Myself and my group are new to the server, thought I would just jump in and say hi. Glad to see active admins on the server. Thanks to the admins for allowing us enough time to move our base from a military tower(we didnt read the server rules). I got a couple of question:

- Is there a reason why there is very limited random vehicle that spawn on the server?
- Is there a reason as to why the patrolling AI all have the same basic gear?

Regards

TPM
BornLucky
Founder

Re: Saying Hi

Postby BornLucky » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:01 pm

The Patrolling AI are not random people they are Police :) So there gear sets are predefined.

As for Random Vehicle spawns we have not limited them... we used 100 more than default Exile has configured so not sure where that is coming from?
TPM

Postby TPM » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:29 pm

BornLucky wrote:The Patrolling AI are not random people they are Police :) So there gear sets are predefined.

As for Random Vehicle spawns we have not limited them... we used 100 more than default Exile has configured so not sure where that is coming from?

Hey BornLucky, I didn't realise that the AI were police. Makes sense :) On some other servers I have been on, there seems to be a lot more vehicles around. Maybe their servers were just configured with a lot more vehicles and roaming patrols. Thanks for the quick reply.

Peace.
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:32 pm

No worries we are looking to add more features however we have higher priority bugs and features to work on in the meantime. :)

We have a lot of plans just need to get the time to finish them off asap :)
MechDan

Postby MechDan » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:15 am

Welcome to the community buddy!

Gear on the AI is limited to basicish so it isn't super easy to get high end gear. We want players to value higher tier gear and fight to keep it/get it.

Same goes for vehicles. Even tho, as Bucky said, we run more then stock exile. (You will find a lot of players grind the map collecting these random spawned vehicles for cash)

-Mech
Arma 3 is my "jam" and possibly toast?
[AI] STALKER

Postby [AI] STALKER » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:36 am

Hey m8 , Glad you took the time to come say hi.

I was the Admin who spoke with you regarding base restriction :)
Glad you are enjoying your time with our community and before i continue ...

Welcome to TakeTheSky community.

As both Bornlucky and Mechdan have said , we have big plans for customization of our server.

If i could sum up what we are working on it is as follows.

(1) Dynamic missions and Static Missions that are themed to exile - running man scenario
***Once the mission configs are done and yes it takes time so please stand by us :P , the community will
have missions themed around unique prison gangs , with load outs that are fully balanced and customized by our admin
rather than the " Guy in Full Gilli with a re-breather and a sting .. " which every server's missions seem to include for some reason.

(2) Revamped traders , trader cities and limited purchasable items , equipment , weapons and vehicles.
* The intent is to create a tier system of tier 1 (Civilian or home defense grade items , weapons and vehicles ) that can be purchased and sold in safe zones.
** Tier 2 that can be found in military zones and or found via missions / mobile patrolling AI security/police.
** This Tier cannot be sold or purchased in safe zones , but will be buy-able / sell-able from a black market or similar setup.
*** Tier 3 that can only be acquired from certain mission types / conditions and is 100% Non buy-able , Non Sell-able , Non spawn-able.

(3) Balanced economy between (1) and (2) that create a risk vs reward system were by players have something to strive for , can get easy access to low tier , limited access to mid tier , and are VERY WORRIED and CONCERNED about losing TOP TIER items , vehicles and gear.

As you can imagine , there is a lot of work that is going into this , and non of this will be on server " Overnight ".
We have a plan. We have a dedicated team of Admin , Moderators and Donators who are taking step by step approaches to get this onto server in a balanced and as bug free way as possible.

Again , welcome to " TakeTheSky.org " were we aim to keep the sky the limit :)
TPM

Postby TPM » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:39 am

Awesome news, we look forward to seeing how it all plays out. And thanks for the welcome.

Peace and Merry Christmas.

Return to “ARMA 3 - Exile”