NEW EXILE UPDATE MAP CHANGE POLL

All this related to our ARMA 3 - Exile Mod servers

Moderator: Server Staff

Should we change the map from ALTIS to NAMALSK when it is released?

YES
83%
NO
No votes
I DONT CARE - THIS COMMUNITY IS AWESOME REGARDLESS
17%

Total votes: 12
BornLucky
Founder

NEW EXILE UPDATE MAP CHANGE POLL

Postby BornLucky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:04 am

So with the recent announcement of the update coming out in the next few days ("WE HOPE ... FINGERS CROSSED")I put this question out to the community ... what should we do ?

Stay with ALTIS .. its a big map... and hard to find PVP...

OR

Go with NAMLASK... a much smaller map and for our pop count ~40 active at any one time... a very good map for PVP :)
TaaRs

Re: NEW EXILE UPDATE MAP CHANGE POLL

Postby TaaRs » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:08 am

I'm all for Namalsk, never played it before, love PVP and would like to see more raiding going on in the server, considering this is a small map
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:10 am

NOW NO GURANTEES IT LAUNCHES ON TIME.... AND WITH IT BEING LAUNCHED ON A WEEKDAY OUR HOST WILL TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS TO LOOK AT THE UPDATE AND PUBLISH IT TO ALL THIER SERVERS SO WE MAY SEE THE UPDATE MAYBE WEDNESDAY? OR SOONER SHOULD IT ACTUALLY GO AHEAD AND BE LAUNCHED TOMORROW
LordofEbola

Postby LordofEbola » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:14 am

Why not put the new map on the test server for a week or two for people who don't know what to expect before making the final decision? I'm not sure if this map change is a good or a bad thing yet.
Tom

Postby Tom » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:15 am

I'd love to play on namalsk.
Originally played DayZ mod on namalsk 24/7, the map is awesome and a lot smaller which would stimulate the pvpve & would hopefully force the clans to create alliances in-game.

Worst case scenario, you could always switch back right?
TaaRs

Postby TaaRs » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:18 am

LordofEbola wrote:Why not put the new map on the test server for a week or two for people who don't know what to expect before making the final decision? I'm not sure if this map change is a good or a bad thing yet.

Shut up lucas
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:21 am

LordofEbola wrote:Why not put the new map on the test server for a week or two for people who don't know what to expect before making the final decision? I'm not sure if this map change is a good or a bad thing yet.

That would harm the initial explosion of pop due to map change... Shiny and New...... Plus we would need to change how test server is billed and with a recent decline in donation streams that would need to be paid for somehow...... Servers are not free...

Now I did have an idea to keep an altis server going as it is .. and make a new Namalsk server but our brand / identiy is linked to our IP address and our production server is well known, so I would be inclined to move primary to Namalsk and make Test run on Altis.

I feel the majority of the pop has played ALTIS for the past 2 - 3 years and it quite bored of it...

My opinion is ... Namalsk is new a shiny and new pop will flood to servers who host that map. So it would be in our best interest to meet that demand and provide a change for the existing community as well.
FusterCluck

Postby FusterCluck » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:19 am

Namalsk, 100%, never played it before, but keen for some 'close quarters' exile.
TaaRs

Postby TaaRs » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:42 am

Are you able choose where safezones/spawn points are located????? Or is that predetermined by the exile devs?
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:38 pm

Depends on how the mod is released... if Exile has officially announced support for the map (ie: including all the traders etc......) or if they are just saying look here is a cool map go work it out yourself.

Our movement will depend on what Exile Devs say and do.

Worst case I am thinking we keep Production @ ALTIS map.... and Make TEST @ NAMALSK and trial it out for a couple of weeks as lucas said and if it is all good then move it to production :).... Lots of possibilities at the moment... so lots of discussions being had.

More to come.

Return to “ARMA 3 - Exile”