WE HAVE MOVED - NEW EXILE SERVER DETAILS

All this related to our ARMA 3 - Exile Mod servers

Moderator: Server Staff

BornLucky
Founder

WE HAVE MOVED - NEW EXILE SERVER DETAILS

Postby BornLucky » Fri May 13, 2016 6:15 am

So as most of you know our old host VERT went belly up and thus all of their services were cancelled.

We have had to move to a new host , see the following details:

[ttSKY] AUS/NZ Exile #1|20K Start|AI|MISSIONS|KOTH @ 45.32.242.25:2402

Hope to see you all in game :D
BornLucky
Founder

Re: WE HAVE MOVED - NEW EXILE SERVER DETAILS

Postby BornLucky » Thu May 19, 2016 2:30 am

I just want to apologise to our community with our server being offline now for the 5th day in a row. Our New host is ViLayer, who has not only had hardware issues or network issues or gremlins in the machines... They don't have a clue what is wrong with the system or an ETA on when it will be back up...

Currently it seems they may have blown away our server and our backups etc so I may need to reinstall everything again from scratch, if this is the case I have a offline backup (on my home PC) from Saturday night (8 hours prior to the server going down) which i can restore from.

All players will receive compensation in 10K Poptabs and 5K Respect per day that our server has been offline, if you have any base or vehicle issues please speak to me.
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Sun May 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Our host ViLayer has informed us that they are rebuilding all of the servers that were damaged or corrupted in the massive outage they have just had... So while we still do not have an ETA on when our services will be recovered, we want to keep the community as best informed as we can.

If you have any concerns feel free to PM me ...

Until our server and TS come back up you will find most of us on our discord server ... (https://discord.gg/0gybiAihoeEinrcT or if you have the app use the following 0gybiAihoeEinrcT ) ... Also two new games are coming out this week that you will find alot of us playing.... OverWatch & Total WarHammer (because Total War - Warhammer seems like a bad name and they should have just gone with Total Warhammer because that just sounds better :) )
oldman

Postby oldman » Wed May 25, 2016 10:54 am

Hey lucky

Any news on the server or if it will be back
Jaqen H'ghar (Danny)

Postby Jaqen H'ghar (Danny) » Thu May 26, 2016 3:05 am

Haven't been playing the server for long so idk about this kinda stuff just wondering... What are the chances of this happening again cos the servers been down for prolonged periods of time like 2 weeks in a row now so when it gets back up this stuff shouldn't happen again for a while, right?
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Fri May 27, 2016 3:35 am

There have been two seperate outages...

Outage 1) Our old host went bankrupt without telling us they had issues.... So our services just vanished... and we couldnt login or contact them .. nothing so we had to find a new provider ASAP..

Outage 2) We found that provider... ViLayer.. everything seemed find then a tone of their servers died due to faulty hardware and it seems they dont believe in making backups.... So we have had to wait for them to fix the servers..... Even though you would think 1) being in IT they would know a thing or two about backups and redundancies... 2) they could just move us to a new server immediately so we could get back up and running... and 3) ViLayer are idiots...

We have now FINALLLY gotten our server restored however due to the fact they do not make any backups... They have wiped all of our data. I have offline backups on my home PC and NAS, but we may lose up to 24 hours from peoples last play (now 12 days ago)....

Each player will be compensated for the play disruption accordingly and all bases will be extended as well as vehicles....

I will be working on the server over the weekend stay tuned...

TeamSpeak is also backup and running (as it was on the same server)... TS3.TAKETHESKY.ORG
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Sat May 28, 2016 2:55 am

WE ARE BACK BABY!!!!

TakeTheSky's EXILE server is back with our new host... Join us @ 45.32.242.25:2402 ( [ttSKY] AUS/NZ Exile |20K Start|AI|MISSIONS|+LOOT|KOTH )

TS3 = ts3.takethesky.org

Discord Web version = https://discord.gg/0gybiAihoeEinrcT

Discord APP (user the code) : 0gybiAihoeEinrcT

All players have been granted the following compensation:

Base Maintenance: Extended 30 days

Money = $200,000 poptabs

Respect = 50,000

If you have any issues PM me :)
OEM

Postby OEM » Mon May 30, 2016 10:51 pm

is the server down again?
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:56 pm

No when you posted this, ARMA 3 v1.60 was launched and Exile had an emergency hotfix patch as ARMA 3 broke exile again.

The server has been fine since the patch, I have been far too busy with work to be on forums apologies for the delayed reply

Return to “ARMA 3 - Exile”