EXILE SERVER SUGGESTION THREAD

All this related to our ARMA 3 - Exile Mod servers

Moderator: Server Staff

[AI] STALKER

Re: EXILE SERVER SUGGESTION THREAD

Postby [AI] STALKER » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:29 am

Remove Satchels from Trader.
Make them a 1 in 100 military loot drop.

Make the satchel damage = fortified gate hp.

Base raiding is now a thing.

===========================================

Also: Remove Safes from trader.

Make them a 1 in 10 rare loot drop from missions only.

Now groups will store in lootable crates within there bases.

================================================

Now BASE RAIDS are a thing. Problem solved.
Trigger

Postby Trigger » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:31 am

Yeah thanks stalker well said. (brain small)
[Reavers]Diablous

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:47 am

[AI] STALKER wrote:Also: Remove Safes from trader.

Not viable. With the capacity wooden crates currently hold you're lucky to foot a rifle and a few mags. Let alone attachments. Unlike Epoch shelves, the current Exile storage systems are extremely lacking.

Not to mention the fact that if you step on one it might decide to burst into flames and destroy everything inside.

Satchels are a whole other bag. I would be concerned about one per wall/gate: does this count for armoured, if it's only via randomly spawning loot there is no defence against 'professional arma players' and twelves home from school from amassing a giant stockpile that the players with limited time can't get close to, etc.

More discussion and community input is needed to find a happy medium before we can action anything. Remember the shitstorm that happened when the satchel process went up?
"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
Coin

Postby Coin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:44 am

[AI] STALKER wrote:Remove Satchels from Trader.
Make them a 1 in 100 military loot drop.

Make the satchel damage = fortified gate hp.

Base raiding is now a thing.

===========================================

Also: Remove Safes from trader.

Yeah...Nahhh.
Belthizare

Postby Belthizare » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:45 am

I'm with Diablous for the players who have less time they'll just end up leaving the server which we don't need.
Lumoscia

Postby Lumoscia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 am

Simplifying base raiding and reducing it to a MMO style grind? Especially considering how it would invalidate the massive number of other uses satchels have besides base raiding? The current system may not be the best but making it a mil loot grind sounds....as Coin said, Yeah....Nahhh. Until another more updated storage system is brought in safes are the only viable storage so making those rare will once again bench all the casual non full time players (Myself included). I don't even need to cover the effects the loss of casual players will have on server pop etc. I mean we (Dripping Wet) destroyed an entire server's pop back in the day through grinding stuff others couldn't get.

Summary: Raiding needs to be beneficial to the raider but it's reliant on a exile storage system change more than a server based satchel change.
[AI] STALKER

Postby [AI] STALKER » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:14 am

" Raiding needs to be beneficial to the raider but it's reliant on a exile storage system change more than a server based satchel change."

Agreed.
[Reavers]Diablous

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:19 am

I neglected to mention the vehicles too. In Epoch you raided for loot as carefully as you could so you could steal that hunter you've been eyeing as it leaves a SZ, not blow it strait to hell. With the Mod built as it is: blow through wall, steal what you can, case 100+k in damages and leave. At least in Epoch you could end up playing hot potato with an armed hunter. Helping out Coin and Co with the event that had the armed hunter, and then subsequently helping them defend their base for what felt like several years because everyone wanted it, is how we ended up becoming super special rainbow best friends in the first place.

As it is, blowing shit up is all that happens. That's not raiding. The issue lies in the mod itself, not the server. Just playing devils advocate and being realistic here. If there are options, let's put them up. But I don't see any within the confines of the mod.
"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:34 am

Happy to take community ideas on what we could do better for raiding :) Its unfortunately where the mod is at currently that raiding has not yet been implemented the way we would all like to see it...

I can however tell you that the Devs do have a plan as seen by the new columns in the Database with the last Exile update.

[AI] STALKER

Postby [AI] STALKER » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:25 pm

"I neglected to mention the vehicles too. In Epoch you raided for loot as carefully as you could so you could steal that hunter you've been eyeing as it leaves a SZ, not blow it strait to hell. With the Mod built as it is: blow through wall, steal what you can, case 100+k in damages and leave. "

Yea it was the grab that asset more than deny it.

Return to “ARMA 3 - Exile”