EXILE SERVER SUGGESTION THREAD

All this related to our ARMA 3 - Exile Mod servers

Moderator: Server Staff

rooknz

Re: EXILE SERVER SUGGESTION THREAD

Postby rooknz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:36 am

Hi. would it be possible to rent parks for the cj cargo plane at the safe zone. otherwise I cant see how it can be a practical useable vehicle. place safe zone parking at airports 3 day max rent. at each airfield. expensive. would be good to see the planes in use.

Recently I played on a cups server. They had invading AI mod, where a small ai group would invade an area. was challenging to beat. more close combat rather than sniping.

thanks
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:44 am

Thats the VEMF mission system we used to run ... Its buggy and needs work it is on our todo list but CUP has been a priority currently.

Basically the invasion script has always caused us issues as it used to always crash the old Epoch server.... Its cut and paste scripting so just needs to be tweaked.

As for renting.. The safe zone doesn't extend so far down the run way so it would require a massive extension to the safe zone.
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:50 am

They're more of a fluff item, along the lines of a skywag.
rooknz

Postby rooknz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:07 am

Good to know the VEMF missions are a possible. More Ai would be good. Sometimes as a solo friendly player it gives no guilt kills. :)
is it possible to have random patrols. no loot but what's on the ai. spawning from military and big towns? patrols around the town.

the big plane needs practical use. and it cant be hidden, so possible to park it at a small safe zone in the outer airports. would make it useable. Limit to 3 days per airport, meaning you would have to move it around to keep it alive. maybe just the outer airports, only a small safe area. and its ok to shoot planes trying to land? so after a big plane has had its 3 days max at the main airport, cant come back for 9 days?
probably not possible but would be cool, I love planes. but no practical use it would appear.
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:09 am

[Reavers]Suicide wrote:They're more of a fluff item, along the lines of a skywag.

Exactly I dont see too many players buying them for actual normal game play as they only have a capacity of 500.... an UAZ has 4 times as much storage capacity. (something we also cant change)
Galaxy S6

Postby Galaxy S6 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:53 am

Had a mad battle with Stalker and his group last night. they were flying around our base trying to shoot us from the back of their helo. They ended up dropping Trigger onto our roof to play the waiting game. We ended up killing him after he got me of course. It was very exciting trying to defend.
I know we can buy tripod mounted weapons to mount on the ground but it would be nice to have these stay after a restart. Is that possible?
Would help defending our base in these situations.
"I cant believe that just happened"
Wrarthis

Postby Wrarthis » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:01 am

Galaxy S6 wrote:Had a mad battle with Stalker and his group last night. they were flying around our base trying to shoot us from the back of their helo. They ended up dropping Trigger onto our roof to play the waiting game. We ended up killing him after he got me of course. It was very exciting trying to defend.
I know we can buy tripod mounted weapons to mount on the ground but it would be nice to have these stay after a restart. Is that possible?
Would help defending our base in these situations.

Try using an armed offroad mate.
USE THIS CODE TO GET 5,000 UEC For Star Citizen :) STAR-GH5M-MJDN
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:15 am

Or APDS rounds.
Galaxy S6

Postby Galaxy S6 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:20 am

We have thought about the armed offroad and may try that soon. Persistant static weapons would be better tho.
Suicide, you are talking about the APDS rounds for the Lynx?
"I cant believe that just happened"
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:24 am

*whispers*

psst..... the new mods will help with this kinda... with the ability to have all the armed vehicles you can want ... as for static weapons... would add far to much strain on the server if everyone started making perm static weapons.

Return to “ARMA 3 - Exile”