EXILE SERVER SUGGESTION THREAD

All this related to our ARMA 3 - Exile Mod servers

Moderator: Server Staff

BornLucky
Founder

EXILE SERVER SUGGESTION THREAD

Postby BornLucky » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:35 am

All feedback , ideas, thoughts, proposed changes, concerns posted here :)
BornLucky
Founder

Re: EXILE SERVER SUGGESTION THREAD

Postby BornLucky » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:40 am

Gargantuan wrote:I like it. Do you think there's a chance for vehicle mods in the future? Like engine tinkering (turbos?) handling boosts or jacked suspension? (I'd love to see this on an off road or ATV) armour plating for vehicles? That kind of stuff. Really put your own spin on your vehicle instead of having a Lada just like that guy over there.. And over there....

Another idea I've had, was placeable camo netting. For instance to deploy over a parked vehicle to obscure it from the air / road. In the same vein but more base building oriented, what about placeable foliage or other props such as food stands, bins, phone booths stuff to make the bases less... Boxy?

Anywho. Just ideas. Keep up the good work lads.
FusterCluck

Postby FusterCluck » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:58 am

'Another idea I've had, was placeable camo netting. For instance to deploy over a parked vehicle to obscure it from the air / road. In the same vein but more base building oriented, what about placeable foliage or other props such as food stands, bins, phone booths stuff to make the bases less... Boxy? '

Awesome, love the idea of camo netting over vehicles
Frotz

Postby Frotz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:30 am

Yo Yo,
My suggestion to this server is to have more night time play-ability. I suggest possibly extending it or making it get darker fast.
I really enjoy going to missions in the dark but having to rush them because of running out of time during the end of mission and unloading all the loot. It's probably not a popular suggestion, but it is something I'd like to see one day for sure.

Thanks!
[Reavers]Diablous

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:50 am

Hey Frotz,

This was once the case. We received complaints every day on this, take that with a grain of salt because the haters are always the loudest, but I'm also a fan of night time play. That said, with the weather system the way it is with numerous storms and foggy periods, to balance thermal, I would think that a longer or more frequent night would be pretty painful for some.

I defer to the other staff and any community members who want to have a say on this. Keep up the feedback mate.
"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:20 am

More weather effects next patch, should make things more interesting.

To be quite honest, I'd prefer perma night :p mainly because my frames increase when everything is green ;)

Camo netting would be awesome, however i vaguely remember that when one collapsed it crushed the vehicle underneath it. Not sure if it was a dream or not...
Liam / Wombat

Postby Liam / Wombat » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:57 am

CUP weapons please. maybe CUP vehicles too (remove the armed ones i suppose) but yeah CUP weapons pack would add some nice flavour to kills in game tbh and its a fairly common mod to run with most exile servers
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:12 am

As far as I know CUP Weapons has not been updated since the new ARMA 3 patch which means the weapon damage and all that has not been adjusted so they are OP and broken weapons, which is why the Exile Devs state DO NOT use CUP Weapons MAS Weapons etc until their owners have updated them?

If they have been updated then it is something we can look into again
[Reavers]Diablous

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:23 am

[Reavers]Suicide wrote:More weather effects next patch, should make things more interesting.

To be quite honest, I'd prefer perma night :p mainly because my frames increase when everything is green ;)

Camo netting would be awesome, however i vaguely remember that when one collapsed it crushed the vehicle underneath it. Not sure if it was a dream or not...

That was Talisman Sabre mate...
"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
Kieran

Postby Kieran » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:06 am

Missions need to be worth doing, the server currently consists of Pyrgos compound campers, people heli lifting cars and who ever is doing neither of these riveting activities is camping my base. I'm aware that the missions were buffed, but I believe up to 12k per mission isn't worth the time because that equals selling two cars. I do at least 5 missions per restart, so approx making no more than 60-70k which is pretty pathetic. I have never encountered more than 2 people at one mission which makes them extremely boring and grindy.
In conclusion, I can make more money driving to a mission then actually doing the mission.
Regards, 'the most salty player'
Kieran

PS. This is why pvp is terrible on this server because no one knows how to shoot, farm AI rinse repeat

Return to “ARMA 3 - Exile”