SERVER EVENTS - FEED BACK - REQUESTS - ETC

All this related to our ARMA 3 - Exile Mod servers

Moderator: Server Staff

[AI] STALKER

SERVER EVENTS - FEED BACK - REQUESTS - ETC

Postby [AI] STALKER » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:10 pm

First of , a big of thank you to all players of the community who help make our events the stand outs they are.

Secondly a big thank you to Suicide , Fuster Cluck and all the other Admin/Mods that create and run our events.

Now onto the point of this post.

We @ TakeTheSky are working a labor of love to make our events interesting and fun for you all , but as this is a community , FEEDBACK and IDEAS are what keep us motivated to make these events even better.

If you like what we are doing , loved a particular event .. or have ideas for one .. or suggestions to improve what do ,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE : Post here and let us know.

Date of the event.
Positive things you enjoyed.
Niggly things you feel could be improved.

Ideas you have for another event.
Mister_JJ

Re: SERVER EVENTS - FEED BACK - REQUESTS - ETC

Postby Mister_JJ » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:22 am

Yep, I'll second the comments about the administrators and mods of this server. Your patience & dedication is admirable, and appreciated.

As for the events. I have one idea that I've been mulling over for some time. It's an endurance survival race.

There is a main highway / road (largely all tarmac) that starts up at Molos, at the very top right of the Altis map. It runs south, through Sofia, down to Paros, breaks right at Rodopoli, heads past the Terminal, through Agios Dionysis. It splits off in to two roads, to make a complete loop, and goes back the other way, right back to the starting point. I'm proposing a race starting and ending at Molos. The twist here is that you have to go north on the same road you went south on, with other racers coming the other way. There cannot be any intentional crashes. You can have an accident, but you must not purposely crash in to someone. To make it more worth while, each person who finishes should be eligible for a prize - simply for finishing! That provides more incentive for the drivers to keep their cars intact. Of course, 1st, 2nd, 3rd would be in order for a prize. With lag factors considered, there is that added element of risk, so passing would need to be carefully executed.

Some time ago I had some thoughts about a Le Mans style, beers race... because, if we should not, and cannot be irresponsible drivers IRL, why not try it in-game? The idea was a GoKart race, with a Le Mans style race (with a twist). At the start, all Go Karts must be lined up, and all racers start the race with a number of beers. They consume those beers, run to their Kart, and go. As they go along the circuit, they have to stop, get out, consume more beers, and continue. I haven't considered a suitable track, but it's a risky run, as is the previous track. Having drunks 12 beers ingame and racing around the airfield in a kart, it's a motion sickness inducing exercise. Very amusing.
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:31 am

We did something like this a while back. Smaller scale of course, set up mines etc on the msr. Was a riot.

Will look into setting something up. Might change it slightly to have a start point at molos and one at another town. Two groups of racers on the same road, heading toward each other. Chaos should ensue :D
TaaRs

Postby TaaRs » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:56 am

So yesterday Diablous held a small event and i thought i'd give my feedback on this.
Feedback: So pretty much Diablous was in a expensive car with loot and drove around altis with abadon as his gunner. The goal was to kill both Abadon and Diablous in order to become the victor. Although this was a small little objective, I found it rather fun going on a wild goose chase. I'm not too sure if this is a common thing to happen but i hope to see more of these small events, whether it's as simple as getting a car out of a mine filled military base, or infiltrating a military base with a couple of staff/enemies.
Conclusion: That shit was fun

Your not so friendly neighborhood, TaaRs
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:08 am

With the new admin hunt script we have, we'll be able to run small spontaneous events more often.

Thanks for the feedback.
TaaRs

Postby TaaRs » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:09 am

[Reavers]Suicide wrote:With the new admin hunt script we have, we'll be able to run small spontaneous events more often.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ah ok thats awesome, who's idea was that
[Reavers]Diablous

Postby [Reavers]Diablous » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:11 am

TaaRs wrote:
[Reavers]Suicide wrote:With the new admin hunt script we have, we'll be able to run small spontaneous events more often.

Thanks for the feedback.

We had it in Epoch... then begged bucky to bring it back/fix it for Exile.
"Don't do it, Suicide, everything will explode..."
BornLucky
Founder

Postby BornLucky » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:32 am

[Reavers]Diablous wrote:
TaaRs wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

We had it in Epoch... then begged bucky to bring it back/fix it for Exile.

And they bugged me enough that now its back again :) huzzah
Lettuce Iceburg

Postby Lettuce Iceburg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi admin.. Just posting a second incident of loss with the helicopter that worth 27000 tab's under the transport lift category, so previous without help or replacement of helicopter loss, have lost my second due to following instructions of admin at hand in landing the air craft at "0" degree's for to help reduce damage or loss in re-spawn or sever rendering of equipment when after reset or loading into server.. I did that "0" degree positioning and the helicopter still exploded etc ..

I would like to be reimburse, but now I'm not playing on this server map, could you forward the loss of 27000 to new player - Kreamy Kone as I really bought it for him, and as I've handed my base and monies to him being a new player to the sever and it exploded while he was in game as well.. He knows about it and mention I'd try and get a refund for it to help him out.. Kreamy Kone hasn't got his starter kit yet, as much as I know, so you could provide this request and the addition starter kit to have a player stay longer than myself etc .. Here's the scene captured .. I don't record live as for my ping lowers more than my already 10 fps and make it unplayable, so this is the best I can show of issue with this sort of aircraft .. Thank you if you do help him out with compensation at my expense (Lettuce) ;) ..

P.s.There is a admin I talked to before with first incident, that knows that this wreckage displayed below, is place in a different spot from the first wreckage now totaling 2 losses of that aircraft, the first one I didn't take a photo of, but really had a loss of 54,000 tabs and annoyance of another player, feeling they are tweaking their setting to unrealistic game play, to take advantage of spotting other players easier and there I also was shot twice from 1 player with ease at full sprint and even using a classy gillie suit (ones you have to pay for) at night, fully clear of the npc shooting, Liam or who ever he is, is one player to keep an eye on his approach to others, seeing if he uses something he shouldn't, and knows the where about's of others to make the kill and the ability to do so, of which I've had experiences before its difficult to achieve unless you've got assistance to help in that last shooting .. (maybe I'm over reacting, but other feel the same, he might be just a brilliant player, one of a kind O.o )

Anyway, to me it was sus and enough to move on for now and try others.. Make the server clean and you'll keep clean players .. Just saying keep a sharp eye on those who do unreal thing and see if they do head directly to other over long distances on occasion, I once came from a no hacking clan and we found out a lot of player who use either aimbot or see through hacks to achieve in hunting down players, by watching them in there view and placing bait down to see which way they head once revealed on map and seeing there direction change to the bate for evidence etc .. It should only be admin that can do that sort of seeing or so called hacking, and wish game makers could make games that were unable to be tampered with, but to the conditions designed in realistic fashion, anyway I gave it a go again and still believe its happen, the reason why my earlier clan has moved on to better thing :/ ..

Such a great potential game this, pitty it gets spoiled .. Later all ..
[Reavers]Suicide

Postby [Reavers]Suicide » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:38 pm

He used thermals to spot you, or a drone. He does that a lot... Liam also isn't smart enough to "hack", he's a welshman.

Helicopters also need to not touch the joins in a floor. Thats why that exploded.

As for your issue with people tweaking their gamma.... it happens on every server. I suggest you come to terms with it.

Peace.

One last thing, when typing a large post, it helps everyone if you space it out into sentences and paragraphs. Food for thought.

Return to “ARMA 3 - Exile”